Healthy chicken soup with pasta and kale. Rich in fiber, protein and iron.
Although the recipe calls for slow cooker, you can make this soup on the stove. Just make sure all ingredients are cooked thoroughly. I also make the soup on low and instead of 3 hours on high, I leave the soup for 6-7 hours on low. It is easier when you leave the house to leave the slow cooker to cook the food and you just season and fine tune the meal when you get home.
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Healthy chicken soup with pasta and kale, rich in fiber, protein and iron.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary
- 1½ cups shell pasta
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash hands with soap and water. Check out our article about how to wash hands properly
- Gather all ingredients
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Chop 1 medium yellow onion and mince 3 cloves garlic
- Peel (as needed) and chop carrots
- Mince fresh rosemary
- Chop the kale
- In a slow cooker, combine 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3 medium chopped carrots, 1 medium chopped yellow onion, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 fresh stalk minced rosemary, 1 bay leaf, ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt, ½ tsp thyme, and ¼ tsp ground lack pepper.
- Add 2.5 liters warm water
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take the chicken out from the slow cooker and shred it. You can use forks or like me, use your fingers.
- Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker
- Add shell pasta and chopped kale
- Stir well, cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 20-30 min until the pasta is al dente (depending on which pasta you are using).
- You can also add celery to the soup
- You can also use another type of noodles
- Instead of the kale, you can substitute with your favorite greens for soup
- We are extremely excited to announce we are now using the saferecipeguide.org guidelines to make our recipe safe-friendly. We will slowly be incorporating the safe recipe guidelines into our recipe instructions!
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.2mg
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible, however, it is at your own risk when you decide to use it. For example, the nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by our recipe plug in. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. If we list a recipe as a nut free, for instance, we do our best to check all ingredients for nuts via an application. However, it is your responsibility to double check our work prior using the information as there is always room for manual error on our part, or an error on the application we use.