My 7-year-old daughter wanted a smoothie. I told her to go get what she wanted to blend. She grabbed all fruits (of course) such as banana, kiwi, strawberries, and blackberries. I just added a little bit of egg white protein as she was skiing all day long and her muscles need some boost. We eat first with our eyes, so having this smoothie’s color purple actually motivates my kids to drink it. And here is our combined recipe. I love watching her gulp on all the great nutrients in the smoothie.
Smoothies also help with constipation. Drink 2-3 days smoothies, especially with vegetables and you will become regular.
It is super simple and easy to make a smoothie at home! Add all the fruits, water and egg white protein into a blender and voila! One minute later you can enjoy a drink full with nutrients and fiber.
We wrote several blogs about fruits and smoothies. Check out the differences between juicing and blending, our stand that both drinking juices and smoothies is healthy and the best way and time to consume fruits.
Add Complete Protein To Smoothie
Smoothies are super rich in nutrients. Some people worry about drinking fruit smoothies because of the sugar. Check our article on the difference between smoothie and juices to read more on smoothie benefits. Adding protein in the smoothie can help with those concerns. Combining the fruit with protein causes the stomach to release food into the small intestine more slowly helping with the sugar control in the smoothie. Also, the smoothies have a lot of fiber which also slows down digestion. This helps decrease the rise in blood sugar from the fruit natural sugars.
Add Plain Water To Smoothie
We made this recipe with water to smooth out the pulp and fiber in the smoothie. I specifically like water because it has no calories. Water also aids nutrient absorption. You can use coconut water for smoothies as it offers great nutrients too. I personally don’t like the taste of coconut water so I opt out of it. You can also add coconut milk, milk, and yogurt to smoothies. Check our dashboard for more smoothie recipes coming up soon!
We use a blender to make the smoothie. You can also use food processor if you don’t have a blender. It is also possible to use hand mixer to blend the fruits. If you absolutely don’t have any equipment try using fork or potato masher. The whole idea is for all ingredients to blend together as smoothly as you will enjoy them.
Fruit Smoothie with Eggwhite Protein
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 3 strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp eggwhite protein
- Gather all ingredients
- Washhands with soap and water. Check out our article about howto wash hands properly
- Gentlyrub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash ½ cup blackberries and 3 strawberries
- Peel one banana and 1 kiwi. I like my kiwi peeled but feel free to leave the peel if that is how you like it. Read more here on kiwi.
- Optional: You can mix the eggwhite powder into a small bowl with 2-3 tbsp water prior putting it into the blender. See notes and intro of this recipe for more details.
- Combine one peeled banana, one peeled kiwi, washed ½ cup blackberries, 3 strawberries, 1 ½ cup water and 1 tbsp eggwhite protein powder into the blender
- Blend for about one minute until all the ingredients blend well together.
- We use fresh fruit for this smoothie. You can also use frozen.
- We use plain water for this recipe. Feel free to use any other liquid to make the smoothie more fluid.
- We use blender for this recipe. You can also try using food processor, hand mixer or anything that will blend all the ingredients together well.
- The serving for this recipe is 1 smoothie of 28 oz.
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible, however, it is at your own risk when you decide to use it. For example, the nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by our recipe plug in. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. If we list a recipe as a nut free, for instance, we do our best to check all ingredients for nuts via an application. However, it is your responsibility to double check our work prior using the information as there is always room for manual error on our part, or an error on the application we use.