Turnips, carrots, and dill salad ready to eat under 10 minutes. This is a traditional Bulgarian salad I grew up with. In addition to being super delicious, it is very nutritious too. Don’t miss to check out our similar salads: carrots salad and cabbage and carrots salad.
When eating this turnip and carrot salad, you will get a boost of Vitamin A and C, as well as good bacteria (probiotics) and enzymes. This salad is rich in fiber too.
How to Serve The Turnips And Carrots Salad
I make this recipe for birthday parties, and also bring it to potlucks. People like it as it is a relief from the mayo rich salads. It is also something different they usually haven’t tried before. It is also almost certain to be the only unique salad made from turnips! This recipe is a traditional Bulgarian recipe served with olives on the side.
With Covid-19 getting worse and worse, we incorporated food safety guidelines into our recipes. Wash hands prior to cooking is one powerful instruction we are determined to include in all our recipes. Washing vegetables and fruits with a vegetable brush is another powerful instruction. We hope those 2 simple instructions in our recipe will help people fight with COVID-19 and also make their cooking habits food safely. If you do not have a food processor, just use a grater or cut up the carrots and turnips with a knife. We make many salads and other recipes with a food processor so this kitchen appliance is really handy.
Turnips And Carrots Salad
- 2 medium turnips
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with the mother
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp dill dried
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Check our article for more details on how to properly wash your hands.
- Gather all ingredients
- Scrub turnips firmly with a clean vegetable brush under running water
- Scrub carrots firmly with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Peel the carrots as needed
- Using a food processor with the shredding blade, shred the 2 medium turnips
- Pour the shredded turnips into a bowl
- Using a food processor with the shredding blade, shred the 5 medium carrots
- Pour the shredded carrots on top of the shredded turnips
- To the bowl, add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with the mother, ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt, and 1 tsp dill weed (dried). If you have fresh dill use it insead of dried. Fresh dill is much tastier and healthier.
- Mix well to blend the flavors.
- We are extremely excited to announce we are now using the saferecipeguide.org guidelines to make our recipe safe-friendly. We will slowly be incorporating the safe recipe guidelines into our recipe instructions!
- Use fresh dill if you have. In this recipe, I am using dill weed.
- I peel the carrots when they are not organic to get rid of any pesticides
- Any leftovers refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-5 days
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible, however, it is at your own risk when you decide to use it. For example, the nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by our recipe plugin. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. If we list a recipe as a nut-free, for instance, we do our best to check all ingredients for nuts via an application. However, it is your responsibility to double-check our work prior to using the information as there is always room for manual error on our part or an error on the application we use.