You only need 6 ingredients for this recipe! Our stuffed peppers recipe is ready under 45 minutes. It is packed with protein, Vitamin A and C, calcium and iron. One pepper is only about 280 calories. The peppers are great for an appetizer, lunch and dinner. My kids love them too.
Stuffed peppers with feta cheese and eggs
- Wash hands with soap and water. Check out our article about how to wash hands properly
- Gather all ingredients
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Finely minced the 3 cloves garlic
- Clean 5 Anaheim peppers by removing and discarding the tops, seeds and membranes of the peppers
Cook the peppers
- In a bowl, mix 5 eggs, 2 cups of crumbled feta cheese, 1 tsp dried dill, and 3 chopped gloves of garlic
- Stuff the peppers using a fork or a spoon with the mixture
- Arrange all peppers in a baking dish
- Add half of cup warm water to the baking dish
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a brown crust is formed on the peppers
Cook remaining of filling
- You will probably be left with some filling (the mixture of eggs, feta cheese, garlic and dill).
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir until eggs are fully cooked
- I like to peel my peppers but my husband doesn't.
- If you are not left with extra filling I suggest making more filling mixture so you can follow the cooking instructions for it. It is really delicious!
- We are extremely excited to announce we are now using the saferecipeguide.org guidelines to make our recipe safe-friendly. We will slowly be incorporating the safe recipe guidelines into our recipe instructions!
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible, however, it is at your own risk when you decide to use it. For example, the nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by our recipe plug in. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. If we list a recipe as a nut free, for instance, we do our best to check all ingredients for nuts via an application. However, it is your responsibility to double check our work prior using the information as there is always room for manual error on our part, or an error on the application we use.